RCG is looking for an engaged and enthusiastic marketing expert to interface with clients and our internal team, helping both to achieve great things. The right candidate will enjoy a fantastic culture alongside a team that demonstrates all the right contradictions: humble but confident; hardworking but fun loving; competitive but supportive.
Does that sound like you?
If so, consider joining RCG as an account executive. This individual will collaborate with our team serving businesses in the home services category. You’ll be helping home improvement and repair companies create compelling advertising and media plans that connect with homeowners, build brands, drive leads and grow sales.
If you’re ready for a new challenge in a great environment, please send an email describing your unique qualifications along with a resume to email@example.com.
Posting period will close April 15th. All applications will be held in strict confidence.
Account Executive Job Description
This position is responsible for daily contact between the agency and their assigned client accounts. The account executive interfaces with other agency departments to manage the relationship between client and agency and employ agency resources on behalf of the client. This includes meeting with creative concerning creative issues and input and media concerning media issues. The account executive has significant input in developing both short- and long-term plans for their clients. After plans are developed and presented to clients, the account executive is responsible for facilitating the agency deliverables for the plan on a daily basis.
The account executive is an active steward of both the agency’s reputation. As such, he or she is expected to be a knowledgeable, passionate and positive representative of the agency for our internal team, our clients and our community.
- Handles day-to-day activities for assigned clients.
- Become fluent in clients’ businesses to better anticipate their needs, ask better questions and help RCG prepare better recommendations and be a more valuable resource.
- Receives client briefings. Creates Meeting Reports, Creative Briefs and Media Briefs as needed to empower members of those agency teams to deliver appropriate strategies, materials and services to help clients reach their goals.
- Assists in preparing proposals, communications plans and media plans for client presentation. Manages annual budget/activity spreadsheets for assigned clients, making sure to keep them current and accurate.
- Effectively presents, “sells” and defends all agency work/proposals to clients; supports other client service team members in these functions.
- Champion clients’ projects through internal processes to help ensure timeliness, accuracy and adherence to brand, strategy and budget.
- Reviews copy, scripts, artwork, agency and printers’ proofs as requested; sees that all work completes the standard agency approval process before being reviewed by clients or turned over to suppliers.
- Reviews billing prior to release to clients; ensures prompt collection of accounts receivable.
- Actively seeks additional projects/new business from client contacts.
- Participate in and contribute to weekly client service and production meetings.
- Other agency support and special projects as assigned.
- Represents agency at industry and community functions.
- 2+ years’ experience in project management in an advertising or marketing setting
- Proven knowledge of developing and managing integrated marketing plans
- Proven experience in productively collaborating with team members
- Demonstrated ability to effectively manage multiple priorities with accuracy and attention to detail