As a part of the Envoy Account Services Team, the manager is responsible for account leader support and may involve daily contact between the agency and one or more client accounts. The account services manager interfaces with various agency departments to move projects through on behalf of the client. This includes meeting with the creative team concerning creative issues and input, the media director concerning media issues, the public relations director concerning publicity, the director of interactive marketing concerning interactive projects, and the production manager concerning scheduling and timing.
The account services manager has major input in supporting the strategic marketing process for agency clients. After plans are developed and presented to clients, the account services manager is responsible for assigning milestones and carrying out the tactics on a daily basis.
The account services manager assists in gaining new business from existing clients and may be asked to participate in new business activities.
The agency account services manager reports to the Director of Account Services and to the Partner in charge of the account.
- Handles day-to-day activities for assigned clients.
- Progresses clients’ projects through production and traffic managers or other relevant personnel using Envoy’s project management tool, basecamp.
- Creates client briefings. Completes Client Contact Reports for all client meetings and distributes via Basecamp to team members. Quickly and accurately relays Client Change Orders via basecamp.
- Assists in effectively presenting, selling and defending all agency work/proposals to clients; supports other client service team members in these functions.
- Keeps apprised of clients’ brands/products/services/marketing developments and industry trends.
- Assists in preparing client invoices, proposals, marketing communications and strategic marketing plans, media and public relations plans.
- Regularly checks for and responds promptly to all client communications.
- Coordinates with Social Media Manager social synthesis of marketing efforts.
- Oversees execution of approved programs.
- Checks and approves creative/production materials, copy, layouts, and production art, and coordinates client approval of same.
- Reviews billing prior to release to clients; ensures prompt collection of accounts receivable. Ensuring daily time reporting on Envoy’s web-based accounting management system is required.
- Informs direct report regularly of account progress for all assigned clients; involves account supervisor immediately in event of potential problems, i.e., client/agency relations, budget overruns, etc.
- Coordinates project timing and budgets with all relevant agency personnel.
- Actively seeks additional projects/new business from client contacts.
- Represents agency at industry and community functions.
- 2 years of agency account service or comparable experience.
- Excellent communication, organization and presentation/public speaking skills.
- Ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships with all members of client and agency teams.
- Has strong business acumen, including Microsoft office, professional communication, and presentation development.
- Understanding and ability to work with relevant marketing channels and understand the brand’s strategy.
- Understands how to get things done by leveraging opportunities against multiple resources.
- Willingness to work unconventional hours (occasionally).
- Must live in the Omaha area.
- Must have a valid Driver’s License and be able to drive/travel to clients in their designated market area.
Further Success Factors
- Motivated by adding value: operates with a high level of energy on outcomes. demonstrates enthusiasm for the organization through commitments and actions.
- Accountability: works autonomously and delivers against necessary company needs.
- Entrepreneurial approach: thinks constantly about creating innovative programming designed around the target consumer.
- Professional demeanor: is timely for all meetings, well dressed, always practices responsible drinking habits, and prepares for meetings in advance.
- Communication: provides thorough communication with client, envoy teams and vendor contacts. this includes the ability to manage the flow of communication from the market to our client and the agency. posts reports timely and accurately.
Position Financials (Annual):
- Base Salary: $ 45,000-$50,000
- Vacation and Personal Time
- Benefits Offered: Health, Dental, Life, Long Term Disability and 401k Plan
Want to learn more? Send your resume to email@example.com.