Media – Journalism – Newspaper
Assistant News Director
- Work with the News Director to oversee the daily operation and editorial content of the newsroom
- Plan big event coverage
- Help with sweeps planning
- Build the brand, both on air and online
- Schedule newsroom employees
- 2 years of newsroom supervisory and/or management experience
- Producing background preferred
- Individual must have experience with news and managing a large staff and multiple hours of daily newscasts
- Adaptability in ever-evolving news environment
- Related military experience will be considered
At Hearst Television we tell stories every day. Stories about people of all cultures, backgrounds, perspectives, and identities. That’s why, behind the scenes, we believe in being an organization as diverse and varied as the audience we reach, ensuring that the content we create is more compassionate, and more representative of the communities we serve.
Hearst’s benefit programs are modern, flexible and designed to focus on you. As a Hearst employee, you and your spouse or partner or dependents would have access to the following benefits.
- Medical | Dental | Vision
- 401(k) matching
- Emotional Wellness Support
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Parental Leave
- LGBTQ+ Health Services
- Additional benefits to meet your and your family’s needs
Hearst Television (HTV) owns and operates 33 television and two radio stations serving 26 media markets across 39 states reaching over 21 million U.S. television households. HTV is recognized as one of the industry’s premier broadcasting companies and has been honored with numerous awards for distinguished journalism, industry innovation, and community service.
Please visit careers.htv.hearst.com to apply. EOE