About Gray Television:
Gray Television is a leading media company that owns and operates high-quality stations in 113 television markets that collectively reach 36 percent of US television households.
We constantly strive for excellence. Through upgrading to the latest technology and seeking new ways to stay on top in our markets, we focus on training and development of the best and brightest employees in the business.
KOLN is the CBS affiliate in the Lincoln, Hastings, Kearney market. Located in the thriving capital city of Lincoln, the station is the area`s dominant news leader, with number one newscasts in every daypart. The 1011NOW news brand is well-known throughout the region as a trusted source for quality news, weather, and sports coverage.
KOLN/KSNB, a Gray Television owned CBS/NBC-affiliate in Lincoln, and Hastings Nebraska, is seeking a Broadcast Engineer/tower site manager. This job will be based in Hastings, Nebraska and will require travel to KOLN’s towers across the state. This position will also assist at our studios in Hastings and North Platte. There will be a company vehicle provided.
Duties/Responsibilities include, but not limited to:
• Participate in all engineering aspects of the technical facility
• Perform regular maintenance tasks including repairs, equipment replacement, supplies, etc.
• Ensure all transmission equipment is operating correctly
• Assist Chief Engineer in overseeing and implementing Engineering projects
• Must be able to insert and remove control room rack equipment weighing 25-50 pounds with the help of another employee
• Engineering or electronics degree or equivalent, 2-3 years of professional or broadcast experience.
• Strong leadership skills and ability to operate in high pressure situations
• Ability to learn and adapt quickly to all work situations
• Professional, communicative, highly self-motivated, detail oriented, and focused individual traits
• Transmitter or RF experience is preferred
If you feel you’re qualified and want to work with a great group of people go to https://gray.tv/careers#currentopenings, you may type in the job title, station call letters, or click on “apply now”, upload resume, cover letter, and references
(Current employees that are interested in this position can apply through the Gray-TV UltiPro self-service portal)
KOLN/KSNB-TV/Gray Television, Inc. is a drug-free company
Gray Television provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Gray Television complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Gray Television expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Gray’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
Gray Television encourages all new employees to be fully vaccinated against the coronavirus virus prior to or by the first workday.
If you feel you’re qualified and want to work with a great group of people go to https://gray.tv/careers#currentopenings, you may type in the job title, station call letters, or click on “apply now”, upload your resume, cover letter and references.