The Communications and Brand Manager leads brand image, increasing brand awareness, and providing program support through advertisements, media, strategic partnerships, and relationship building marketing. The Communications Brand Manager is responsible for the flow of information between the organization and the public and determines communications strategies, directs public relations campaigns and helps to guide internal communications.
The Communications and Brand Manager is responsible for ensuring messaging is consistent, engaging and effective while meeting organizational goals. While this position works closely with all departments (Family Services, Home Improvement Programs, Human Resources and Volunteer Services), this manager works especially close with the Development Department. The Brand and Communication Manager collaborates with the Chief Development Officer and Development Team staff to help develop strategy and create content for special donor communications.
In addition to driving team strategy, this role is responsible for brand management and plays in integral role in protecting the organization’s reputation. This role oversees the implementation of both internal and external communication strategies, create style guides and communicates with media outlets and journalists and create press materials.
- Brand Management: Ensure brand compliance and consistency across communications throughout the organization.
- Media Relations: Create media alerts and press releases and respond to media inquiries.
- Internal Communications: Work with Leadership Team to help guide internal communications—through copywriting and design — to assist with change management and flow of information across the organization.
- High Profile External Communications: Lead strategy and create content—through copywriting, design, photography and videography—for high profile external communications campaigns and projects.
- Team Management: Set and maintain annual budget for multiple projects and campaigns, conduct regular performance reviews with staff, encourage professional development opportunities, hire open positions within team and supervise/review work.
- Development: Collaborate with Chief Development Officer and Development Team staff to help develop strategy and create content for special partner/major donor communications, integrated fundraising campaigns, and donor proposals, reports and collateral.
- Vendor Relations: Maintain and grow relationships with vendors helping to ensure high-quality production and budget considerations are met.
- Creative Collaborations: Collaborate with leadership team developing collateral such as annual report, donor campaigns, event invites, etc.
- Video Production: Develop strategy for video projects including annual video series while working with external videographers to complete projects.
- Website Updates: Works with Communications Team to ensure website is updated and maintained.
- Print Production: Manage print production on assigned projects as needed.
This position manages the Graphic Designer, Marketing Coordinator roles, and the communications intern.
EXPERIENCE, ABILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor’s Degree in journalism, marketing, communications or related field or equivalent work experience and training.
- Minimum five years of experience in communications/public relations/marketing with a proven track record of success.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively increase brand awareness and positive public image and manage media relationships.
- Experience with writing press releases, video production and internal and external communications.
- Demonstrated ability to provide leadership to people and teams to get results.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Planning skills and ability to think ahead and create plans that cover a one to five-year time span.
- Able to effectively complete work with minimal supervision
- Must have problem analysis and problem resolution skills at both a strategic and functional level.
- Must be able to establish and maintain strong working relationships with others and work on a team effectively.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office and Adobe Creative Cloud programs.
- Must display enthusiasm, a positive attitude, maturity, good judgment and professional demeanor.
- Must be a self-starter, facilitator and innovator of new approaches marketing, and public relations.
- Must have empathy and compassion for people of all backgrounds and a desire to end substandard housing.
- Must be comfortable and skilled working with a culturally diverse staff and community.
- Must be considerate and respectful of all employees, volunteers and customers.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY POLICY
Habitat for Humanity of Omaha (Habitat Omaha) actively recruits, employs, trains, compensates employees regardless of race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, gender, national origin, age, disability, genetics or veteran status. In addition to federal law requirements, Habitat Omaha complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including workplace harassment.
At Habitat Omaha, we have a clear vision to be the place where a diverse mix of talented people want to come, to stay, and to do their best work. Our vision is to see a world where everyone has a safe, affordable place to live, and we know our company runs on the hard work and dedication of our passionate and creative employees. Our dedication to promoting diversity, multiculturalism and inclusion is clearly reflected in the work that we do externally in the community, as well as internally with our employment practices.