The Communications Specialist supports the marketing communications needs of the entire Hillcrest Health Services organization. Working under the direction of the Director of Communications, the Communications Specialist will help manage external communications including press releases, social media and newsletters, while managing other projects as needed, in order to increase Hillcrest’s public awareness and drive business development.
- Assists with the public relations efforts of the organization by creating press releases, social media posts and blogs; all communications will be creative, grammatically correct and posted promptly on our website and social media outlets
- Creates and edits videos for use on website, social media, YouTube, etc.
- Manages updates and content for all company websites and intranet pages
- Writes, designs and publishes monthly newsletters and e-newsletters for multiple service lines by the established deadlines; creates calendar templates, edits and prints monthly calendars
- Develops brand-consistent collateral materials – including flyers, programs, invitations, advertisements, guidebooks and other publications – and maintains a tracking system for them; assists with printing in-house or through outside vendors
- Organizes marketing materials and giveaways; maintains an up-to-date electronic inventory spreadsheet; initiates the reorder process with the Director of Communications
- Helps support internal and external events; maintains a Master Events Calendar
- Takes photos and maintains an organized photo catalog with signed releases
- Reviews local publications and tracks relevant ads, stories and opportunities to share on our social media outlets; maintains accurate online listings of all service lines
- Associate’s degree required
- Bachelor’s degree in English, Journalism, Marketing, Communications or Business preferred
- At least one year of experience with writing and social media/public relations required
- At least one year of experience with design and video production preferred