Department: Marketing Communications
Location: Omaha, NE
General Position Summary
As a part of the communications team and under the direction and supervision of the Manager, Communications, the Content Strategist works closely with other team members to achieve organizational goals by maximizing the impact of content through development and strategic deployment to the company’s internal and external communication channels including the organization’s blog, web site, social media and print publications.
WoodmenLife is looking for a Content Strategist to join our team!
We are currently searching for a Content Strategist who oversees content requirements of company communications channels (print and online) and the development of content deliverables with help of writing/ editing staff and freelancers. WoodmenLife is one of the best places to work in Omaha and has been in business for 130 years. As a member of the WoodmenLife family, you’re joining others who share your commitment to family, community and country. Through WoodmenLife, you’ll have opportunities to connect with others, give back locally, and honor those who make an impact. As a not-for-profit life insurance company, we’ve been helping to protect the financial future of families, making a difference in hometowns across America since 1890. We are passionate about our members, servicing others, being open minded, providing an environment of inclusion and collaborative spirit. We also provide world class benefits to our associates. Is this the type of company you could work for?
We are looking for someone to:
- Serve as editor for company print and online publications including creating and maintaining editorial calendars and production timelines, developing content ladders, editing and proofreading copy (grammar, punctuation, WoodmenLife brand standards, audience-specific, continuity/consistency, fact-checking, etc.).
- Develop and vet publication story ideas with relevant stakeholders in timely manner for three publications.
- Work with team members to publish online company newsletter (The 1700) daily.
- Create and maintain annual multi-channel content calendar.
- Conduct periodic channel content audits and gap analyses.
- Work with other Communications team members to develop direction of content marketing strategy.
- Content development as needed for internal and external communications strategies including email, social media posts and media releases and alerts.
- Coordinate with internal departments to ensure content accuracy and compliance with industry regulations.
- Meet expectations for attendance and punctuality in accordance with the expectations established by your supervisor and WoodmenLife policy.
- Perform other duties as assigned by management.
We need someone who has:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Journalism or Public Relations or commiserate experience.
- 1-3 years’ writing or editing experience.
- Business-writing experience (will be asked to provide samples).
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize assignments.
- Excellent communications (writing and verbal) and organizational skills.
- Has attention to detail.
- Engages well with others and is passionate about providing an exemplary customer experience.Desired Qualifications:
Experience with print and digital publications, including content development, layout, production, design and printing.
A firm understanding of user experience and SEO/SEM.
Knowledge of insurance and financial services industry.
WoodmenLife offers a competitive compensation package and a comprehensive benefits package. As part of WoodmenLife’s employment process, candidates will be required to complete a criminal background check, credit check (where required for position), Fingerprint check (where required for position), drug screen and reference checks. Any offer of employment will be contingent upon successfully passing the above.
WoodmenLife is committed to excellence in diversity by creating an inclusive work environment that values and respects all individuals. We welcome and embrace associates, regardless of background and beliefs. WoodmenLife respects every associate’s unique perspective and contribution. We are committed to creating an inclusive environment that values differences, and creates opportunities for growth, leadership and service. This commitment includes providing equal opportunity in recruitment, employment and promotion, training and community outreach. WoodmenLife is also dedicated to strengthening the communities in which its employees live. #LI-LB1
APPLICANTS WITH DISABILITIES SHOULD ADVISE THE HUMAN RESOURCES DEPARTMENT AT THE TIME OF APPLICATION IF SPECIAL ACCOMMODATIONS ARE NEEDED.
Woodmen of the World Life Insurance Society (WoodmenLife) is an equal opportunity employer.