Media – Journalism – Newspaper
We’re looking for a candidate skilled at creating copy and video elements for websites, mobile products and social media platforms. The successful candidate will be an excellent journalist and storyteller with a knack for recognizing social media trends who can deliver ideas on how to produce and leverage videos for maximum engagement.Job Responsibilities:
- Write, edit and publish breaking news, daily news, sports, weather, and feature stories for KETV’s website, mobile and social media pages.
- Write compelling headlines
- Develop and edit text-overlay and other kinds of video reports.
- Develop strategies for social media platforms such as Facebook, and Instagram.
- Work with Reporters and Assignment Editors to ensure content is posted quickly and accurately
- Work with Producers, Assignment Editors and Managers to ensure cross promotion of content across all platforms
- Manage live streams of newscasts and breaking news
- Consistently contribute ideas to help grow the stations digital platforms
- Previous digital editing experience required
- Professional experience with nonlinear editing software (Adobe Premiere or equivalent) required.
- Strong news and editorial judgment
- Excellent AP style writing skills
- Basic knowledge of Photoshop and video editing
- Strong understanding of social media best practices
- Flexibility to work different shifts, holidays, etc. on short notice to cover a 24 hour news cycle
- Ability to work well in a multi-tasking environment with frequent interruptions, while paying close attention to details
Please visit careers.htv.hearst.com to apply. EOE