Please note: Big Brothers Big Sisters of the Midlands requires the Covid-19 vaccination for employees. If hired, you will be asked to show proof of vaccination.
The Graphic Designer/Content Creator will primarily assist with marketing activities including design projects, maintaining the agency’s website, social media, e-communications, capturing photos and video of mentor/mentee interviews and agency special events. Help with staffing booths, tables, and other outreach activities as needed.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Create and assist with graphic design projects such as flyers, event materials, and advertisements for internal and external communication pieces.
- Create, review and edit content for agency to be published in agency’s websites and social media pages.
- Work with Marketing, Recruitment, and Development teams to develop and implement robust yearly marketing, events and recruitment plans.
- Take pictures and video at agency activities and events. Interview mentors and mentees to be featured in videos or written stories.
- Promote and create content on social networks and monitor engagement (e.g., comments and shares).
- Maintain organization website by editing/creating pages, creating web graphics and writing for the Big Blog. Track and report data relating to website.
- High degree of collaboration with recruitment team, fundraising team, service delivery staff, and supervisor to ensure transition among functions.
- Attend and promote agency fundraising and outreach events. Support team by participating in tabling and/or outreach opportunities as needed.
- Explore and keep up to date on best practices in field, including outreach, development and marketing areas.
- Participate in training and/or continuing education on relevant material for professional development.
- Adhere to agency values in all job-related activities.
- Support, and collaborate with, other departments, including program and Mission Support, along with the agency’s DEI efforts, to accomplish organization goals.
- Perform other duties as assigned by supervisor or Chief Development Officer.
Education & Related Work Experience:
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree required. Degree in marketing, public relations, journalism, or related field preferred.
- Experience in marketing, communications, website maintenance, social media, Adobe desktop publishing software, photography, and videography. Must have reliable transportation to travel to events and activities within the agency’s service area.
Skills & Knowledge Base:
- Microsoft Office
- Excellent communication skills
- Flexible work schedule
- Team Collaboration
- Effective Time Management
- Public speaking & presentations
- Social Media Proficient
- Experienced in Adobe, IMovie and video editing software
- Website maintenance
Hybrid work environment: must have secure, private internet connection to support remote work. Use of computer and telephone required. Flexible work hours include occasional evenings and weekends to meet agency and community needs. Reliable transportation is required for travel to activities and events in the service area.
Equal Employment Opportunity:
BBBSA provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified individuals without regard to race, creed, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or non-disqualifying physical or mental handicap or disability.
Americans with Disabilities Act
Applicants as well as employees who are or become disabled must be able to perform the essential duties & responsibilities either unaided or with reasonable accommodation. The organization shall determine reasonable accommodation on a case-by-case basis in accordance with applicable law.
|Employer||Big Brothers Big Sisters|
|Salary||Salary : range $43,000 – $|
|Date Posted||25 April, 2022|
|Date Closes||2 May, 2022|
|Career||Graphic Artists and Designers, Graphic Designers, Video Graphics, Special Effects, and Animation Artists, Non-Profit Specialists, Social Media Specialists|