Graphic Designer is an entry-level position in the creative department. The Graphic Designer works independently on assigned projects, or as a member of a project team including creative staff, client services staff, and, on occasion, outside contractors (freelancers and vendors). The Graphic Designer develops concepts and fulfills layout and production assignments according to supplied strategic and creative input, and works under the direction of the art director, account manager, copywriter and/or creative director.
Desired Strengths and Experience:
· Strong communication skills
· Knowledge of production processes, with experience in digital illustration and layout software, including Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign and other industry design and production software
· Excellent drawing and illustration skills
· Knowledge of printing processes and specification, paper specification and ink specification
· Familiarity with typestyles, type design and type specification
· Experience with stock photography, computer retouching and image manipulation, and art direction of original photography
· Experience with front-end website design and development, WordPress content population, and UX/UI design is desired
Requirements and Responsibilities:
· Understanding of Brand Strategy (reviewing, consulting, interpreting and applying)
· Plans and briefs (reviewing, consulting, interpreting, and applying)
· Provides design and illustration (digital and/or traditional) from conception to completion as required
· Provide production design and delivers to vendor
· Works with art director/copywriter teams to concept and complete assigned projects and campaigns
· Assists client services and business development with presentations for creative and new business pitches
· Works with independent contractors (freelance illustrators, photographers, etc.) as required per assignment, under
supervision of designated art director/senior art director/creative director, and in conjunction with the production
manager or account manager to meet assigned deadlines
· Maintains high skill levels in software programs required to perform assigned job functions; undergoes training in the
use of new design and illustration software as the agency requires
· Assists in archiving and maintaining digital files, project hard copies, photography, illustrations, logo art, typestyles,
historical collateral samples, etc., of client materials and resources, and in maintaining a log of said archives as a resource for other department members
· Maintains computer software skills compatible with the needs of other creative team members
· Notifies designated purchasing personnel or creative director when hardware/software requires updating or servicing
· Maintains internal and offsite digital file backups for in-progress jobs; uploads completed project files to agency Digital Asset Management archive system
· Maintains reasonable inventory of necessary art supplies for fulfillment of design responsibilities.
· Assists in the design, development and population of websites
· Concept Pitching (co-present to CD and client, connecting the concept with the brand strategy)
· Possess good verbal and written communication skills.
· Be tolerant of contrary ideas, fully supporting the approved direction.
· Read, understand, and be ready to cite client brand strategy, mission, etc.
· Read, understand, and execute on creative briefs.
· Contribute to collaborative brainstorming sessions and creative meetings.
· Ensure anything being presented or produced boasts high quality, design integrity, and superior craftsmanship.
· Be able to represent consensus and collaboration on design decisions – utilize feedback
· Go above and beyond – produce what is requested, plus something you think is better.
· Defend form or default to function. We rarely do things just “because they’re cool.”
· Be anti-greeking, anti-low resolution, anti-watermark, and anti-rough whenever possible
· Be open to options and opinions. Read clients accurately. Know when to step back.
· Fill the deafening silence with relevant ideas, or risk someone else doing it.
· Validate your design decisions with data, inspiration, or aspiration when possible.
· Understand the time you have to perform a task and use it wisely.
· Familiarize yourself with current trends and techniques, and share inspiration.
Please contact and provide resume and portfolio to:
Turnpost Creative Group
412 N 85th St
Omaha, NE 68116