At Creighton, you are part of something big. Your skills and passions unite with thousands of faculty, staff and students inspired to change the world. Here, we offer meaningful work driven by a 475-year-old Jesuit tradition committed to social justice and serving others. Through this tradition, we push the boundaries on innovation. We pursue new knowledge for the betterment of society. We seek to improve our world through Catholic and Jesuit values. And it all starts with you.
We are hiring a Graphic Designer to join our University Communications & Marketing team. The Graphic Designer creates impactful work that moves the university forward—both taking direction and offering design solutions. In this role, you will be responsible for designing projects and campaigns that have meaningful and measurable impacts, achieving marketing/strategic goals, and raising the Creighton brand profile.
The ideal candidate is:
A proven designer: Provide insightful, highly skilled design expertise, including expanding upon an evolving brand personality.
Audience-centric, data-driven: Ensure that all designs align with the brand image and target audience, while also meeting usability and website standards.
Solution-oriented: Effectively manage a multi-project workload in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment.
A self-starter: Life-long learner that is self-motivated, positive, and proactive in their approach. Willing to contribute to various creative roles, such as photo and video shoots, concepting, etc.
A strong communicator: Ability to articulate creative concepts and rationale to other team members and campus partners. Work well with print production vendors.
- Concept, design, and produce on-brand marketing projects and campaigns, digital + print
- Collaborate with team members and campus partners to meet project objectives/goals
- Manage multiple projects simultaneously with a particular focus on brand awareness, student enrollment and fundraising.
- Translate strategies into a creative vision across both digital and print, while targeting specific audiences. Listen, learn and interpret goals, and volunteer solutions that will be effective and influential.
- Stay current in design trends and technology
- Bachelor’s degree in graphic design, advertising, communications, or a related field.
- A minimum of 3-5 years of design experience for digital media and print, preferably from a traditional advertising agency setting. Motion graphics/animation a plus.
- Solid understanding of digital marketing and advertising principles, with experience in developing and enforcing brand and design guidelines in complex organizations.
- Highly proficient computer skills, especially with Adobe Creative Suite, After Effects, Microsoft Office Suite. Strong technical skills.
- Self-motivated, organized, and accountable.
- Ability to multitask and work efficiently under pressure with careful attention to detail.
- Well-developed communication skills including the ability to articulate creative concepts and rationale to other team members and campus partners.
- Strong understanding of brand awareness, student enrollment and fundraising
Change the World From Here
Creighton University is committed to providing a safe and non-discriminatory educational and employment environment. The University admits qualified students, hires qualified employees and accepts patients for treatment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, marital status, national origin, age, disability, citizenship, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or other status protected by law. Its education and employment policies, scholarship and loan programs, and other programs and activities, are administered without unlawful discrimination.
This description describes the general nature of work to be performed and does not include an exhaustive list of all duties, skills, or abilities required. Regular, reliable attendance is an essential function, and all employees are required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties as requested by their supervisor. Employees may also be required to work in excess of normal working hours as workloads and seasonal activities necessitate. A complete description is available in the Human Resource office located at 3006 Webster Street Omaha, NE. Creighton University reserves the right to modify duties, responsibilities and activities at any time with or without notice.