The Marketing Coordinator creates content to support the organization’s strategic communications goals, and set-up reporting systems for marketing campaigns. This position assists with photography efforts and feature writing projects in addition to supporting other key Communications Team efforts. This position reports to the Communications and Brand Manager.
The Marketing Coordinator is responsible for writing feature stories that highlight the organization’s successes and opportunities for engagement. This position is also responsible for analytical data reports, coordinating the organization’s photography needs and managing the branded clothing and giveaways for Habitat Omaha.
- Feature Stories: Write feature stories for a variety of print and online uses that highlight successes and opportunities throughout the organization.
- Photography: Coordinate the organization’s photography needs including volunteers, construction, completed homes, special events and more as needed.
- HabiStore: Manage the organization’s HabiStore which includes branded items for giveaway and for sale as well as branded clothing for staff and the general public.
- Collateral: Collaborate with Communications & Brand Manager to update collateral pieces for use throughout the organization.
- Copy Writer: Draft copy for program related communications that help achieve annual goals.
- Brand Management: Ensure brand compliance and consistency across communications.
- Website Updates: Coordinate with Communications & Advocacy Team to ensure website is updated and maintained.
- Print Production: Coordinate print production on assigned projects.
- General Support: Assist with other Communications & Advocacy Team projects as assigned.
- Analytical Reporting: Setup analytics for marketing campaigns and online activities
- Simplify complex data into a user-friendly format such as graphs, charts and other visual aids for the organization
EXPERIENCE, ABILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor’s Degree in journalism, marketing, communications, public relations or other related field or equivalent work experience and training.
- Minimum 1-5 years of experience in communications/public relations/marketing.
- Experience with writing, feature stories, and internal and external communications.
- Must be comfortable interviewing culturally diverse populations.
- Experience with graphic design for both print and online communications.
- Experience with photography and photo editing.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to plan, organize and implement multiple projects with attention to details.
- Able to effectively complete work with minimal supervision.
- Must be able to establish and maintain strong working relationships with others and work on a team effectively.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office and Adobe Creative Cloud programs.
- Must display enthusiasm, a positive attitude, maturity, good judgment and professional demeanor.
- Must have empathy and compassion for people of all backgrounds and a desire to end substandard housing.
- Must be comfortable and skilled working with a culturally diverse staff and community.
- Must be considerate and respectful of all employees, volunteers and customers.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY POLICY
Habitat for Humanity of Omaha (Habitat Omaha) actively recruits, employs, trains, compensates employees regardless of race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, gender, national origin, age, disability, genetics or veteran status. In addition to federal law requirements, Habitat Omaha complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including workplace harassment. At Habitat Omaha, we have a clear vision to be the place where a diverse mix of talented people want to come, to stay, and to do their best work. Our vision is to see a world where everyone has a safe, affordable place to live, and we know our company runs on the hard work and dedication of our passionate and creative employees. Our dedication to promoting diversity, multiculturalism and inclusion is clearly reflected in the work that we do externally in the community, as well as internally with our employment practices.