Marketing 01 · Lincoln, Nebraska (Hybrid)
Looking to join our team? Here’s what we’re looking for!
Are you someone that is currently enrolled in a post-secondary marketing program? Are you looking for a challenging role that you can make your own? Do you want to know what it takes to do content marketing as a brand?
If you answered with an excited yes, we may have the role for you!
We believe strongly in our company values and live them out each day! We work together as One Team across all departments, Choose Positivity in everything we do, put People First, encourage speaking up because You Have a Voice, and above all else we are Driven to Succeed. If you can embrace these values and they align with who you are, then we’d love to chat with you!
We are looking for someone that will work closely with the marketing content team, campaign teams, and event team to produce high-quality video for web and social media. You’ll have the opportunity to attend Speedway Marketing events in and out of state to capture video content. We’ll provide excellent team support, relevant experience, and interesting work.
Here are the specifics:
- Understand the impact of videos, how their use is trending and provide ideas and feedback to ensure Speedway Motors remains relevant in the video space.
- Assist with shooting a variety of videos to fulfill marketing needs including marketing, product, interview, features, tech how-to, show, event coverage, and racing videos.
- Assist with clean, professional editing that adheres to the marketing motives behind each video.
- Assist with writing/editing video scripts as needed.
- Collaborate with vendors and outside production studios.
- Must have a basic understanding of popular social media platforms and how to shoot/edit videos to streamline their effectiveness on each platform.
- Must be able to work some evenings and weekends dependent on shooting needs.
- Constantly work to improve processes; make suggestions for productivity improvements, and optimize workflow, while continuing to meet our customers’ needs
- Embrace and live out Speedway Motors core values.
- Maintain regular and reliable attendance. Perform other duties as assigned.
We’ll take care of you – here’s how!
- Retirement Plan with Company Match
- Discount on Speedway Motors Product, Extra Pay for Being Involved in the Industry (Attending Car Shows and Race Events), and Referral Bonuses.
- Growth Opportunities
- Flexible Schedule
We’ve found the power in remote work for our team members that can. This position will be a hybrid with some in work in the office or work from home depending on the projects that will be completed.
- Ability to rarely lift and carry over 20 lbs. and push/pull up to 50 lbs.
- Frequent standing while on a shoot. Typical day will be constant sitting and occasional walking and standing.
- Rare bending/reaching, twisting, kneeling and squatting.
- Rare work above shoulder level.
- Frequent pinching, grasping, fine manipulation with fingers.
- Work may be performed in a work from home setting.
- May include in state and out of state travel.
- Heated and air-conditioned indoor work with the exception of time in studio or an outdoor shoot.
What you’ll need to succeed in this position:
- Currently enrolled in a bachelor’s degree seeking program, preferably in Film, Video Production, New Media, Broadcasting, or Journalism.
- Must be able to provide independent authorized transportation.
- Must have a basic understanding of cinema, DSLR and GoPro cameras.
- Must have a basic understanding of lighting, audio, shoot set-up and planning, and how to adapt planned shoots in different environments.
- Must have a basic understanding of Mac and/or PCs and the Adobe Creative Cloud Suite, specifically Premiere Pro, After Effects and Photoshop.
- Meticulous attention to detail and ability to work independently.
- Exceptional problem solving, analytical, interpersonal and communication skills – both verbal and written.
- Flexible and highly self-motivated.
- Automotive knowledge is not a requirement but is a bonus.
About Speedway Motors:
Speedway Motors is the oldest speed shop in the USA. We’re one of the biggest, too, and we help millions of car enthusiasts, racers, and gearheads create meaningful experiences they’ll remember forever. With their friends, with their families, and in their community. We take that mission seriously, and it brings exciting problems to solve. See us in action at: www.speedwaymotors.com.
Full posting and application link can be found here: BambooHR