About Gray Television:
Gray Television is a leading media company that owns and operates high-quality stations in 113 television markets that collectively reach 36 percent of US television households.
We constantly strive for excellence. Through upgrading to the latest technology and seeking new ways to stay on top in our markets, we focus on training and development of the best and brightest employees in the business.
KOLN is the CBS affiliate in the Lincoln, Hastings, Kearney market. Located in the thriving capital city of Lincoln, the station is the area`s dominant news leader, with number one newscasts in every daypart. The 10/11 news brand is well-known throughout the region as a trusted source for quality news, weather, and sports coverage.
10/11 News is looking for a proven newsroom leader to anchor the market-leading weekday morning newscast. We’re looking for an anchor who has a strong drive to be involved in the day’s content and can engage an audience and convey news in an effective and relatable way.
Duties/Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Be the primary content driver for the market-leading morning newscast
• Select compelling content, write engaging stories, edit videos, and produce graphics to showcase your content
• Communicate with directors, anchors, and reporters from the booth
• Meet tight daily deadlines
• Respond urgently and appropriately to breaking and developing news
• Help lead our streaming and digital efforts throughout the morning
• Assist with posting content to our app, website, and social media as needed
• Work flexible hours
• Exceptional writing ability
• Exceptional news judgment
• Flexibility in scheduling, to respond to the changing news landscape
• A four-year degree in journalism or related field, or equivalent professional experience
• Familiarity with ENPS, Edius or other non-linear editing systems, TVU, Bitcentral, or ARC Publishing a plus
Interested applicants can go to https://gray.tv/careers#currentopenings, you may type in the job title, station call letters, or click on “apply now”, upload your cover letter, resume, and references.
(Current employees that are interested in this position can apply through the Gray-TV UltiPro employee portal)
KOLN-TV/Gray Television Group, Inc. is a drug-free company.
Gray Television provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Gray Television complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Gray Television expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Gray’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
Gray Television encourages all new employees to be fully vaccinated against the coronavirus virus prior to the first workday.
If you feel you’re qualified and want to work with a great group of people go to https://gray.tv/careers#currentopenings, you may type in the job title, station call letters, or click on “apply now”, upload your resume, cover letter and references.