Media – Journalism – Newspaper
KETV News Intern
KETV-TV offers paid internships for students who are currently enrolled in an accredited college/university. Internships are currently available in our News Department. KETV-TV does not provide living arrangements or any type of living expenses or transportation. Interns are not employees of KETV-TV so therefore will not get benefits afforded KETV-TV personnel.
Application Deadline for this Spring Internship with KETV-TV is January 31, 2023.
Interns in the News Department get a variety of opportunities:
- Go out to the field and shadow crews
- Take notes at courtroom proceedings
- Answer phones, learn police/scanner codes and how to gather information for a possible news story
- Get the chance to see the inner workings of the news department and learn what it takes to cover/research
- Learn how to edit, photograph and produce
There are 3 assignments that must be completed before the end of their internship:
- Write and edit a VO
- Write and edit a VSot
- Write, edit, and track a package
Students must submit the following to KETV-TV
- Letter of introduction
- A completed resume
- Completed cover letter. The cover letter should include the applicant’s available start and end dates, and what days and hours the applicant is available to intern.
To apply for an internship with KETV-TV students must currently be enrolled in a college or university working to receive a graduate or undergraduate degree in Mass Communications/TV with plans to pursue a career in on-air television broadcasting or a related field. Student should have a grade point average of at least a ???B.???
All of our internship slots are filled based on the student???s need for an internship, resume, cover letter, and application information, timeliness of return of application and personal interview.
KETV-TV does not discriminate against applicants because of age, race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation or disability. KETV-TV is an equal opportunity employer.
|Contact: Please visit careers.htv.hearst.com to apply. EOE