Part-Time Operations Technician
The Operations Technician maintains the technical integrity of the station’s on-air signals and its equipment from acquisition to distribution. The Operations Technician will be responsible to communicate effectively with the production department, as this is integral for a smooth outcome of newscasts. This position supports all station efforts in-house and on remote location.
- Operate robotic cameras and studio floor directing
- Moving and handling of props and sets during in-house and on-location productions (this could mean assisting in moving heavy equipment)
- Maintain appearance of studios including cleaning of set and floors
- Maintain and understand lighting grid and control board with knowledge to maintain proper programming. Ability to climb ladders to change light bulbs and adjust fixtures as needed.
- Dress microphone’s and IFB’s for all on camera appearances
- Basic multi-media computer skill and familiarity with current Internet technology including downloading of materials for promos and commercial client spots
- Assist with promotional effort at station-sponsored community events as assigned.
- Work as needed in control room in technical positions (including camera control and audio)
- Must be able capable of following instructions, verbally and written
- In-person attendance is required
- Other duties as assigned by the TV Operations Manager
- Prior experience in broadcast news production, technical school or college technical classes preferred, but not required.
- Related military experience will be considered
Must have a “can do” attitude and a passion for excellence
- Must have flexibility to work various days and shifts as assigned regularly including weekends and holidays
- Must be able to work effectively with other team members
- Must have ability to perform with accuracy while under pressure
- Must be able to multi-task accurately
- Must be able to follow instructions, verbal and written
- Related experience and/or training considered as well as a combination of education and experience.
- Military training and experience will be considered
Please visit careers.htv.hearst.com to apply. EOE