Engineering Operations Technicians will perform various day to day engineering operations functions, including but not limited to, media management of items for broadcast, operating television cameras and robotics, File preparation and ingest equipment, various switching communications gear, ENG van, and any other television related equipment as assigned. They may also proactively participate in training other operators in all skill sets. Engineering Operating Technicians may also perform routine maintenance tasks as assigned.Job Responsibilities:
- Operate robotic cameras and studio floor directing
- Moving and handling of props and sets during in-house and on-location productions (this could mean assisting in moving heavy equipment)
- Maintain appearance of studios including cleaning of set and floors
- Maintain and understand lighting grid and control board with knowledge to maintain proper programming. Ability to climb ladders to change light bulbs and adjust fixtures as needed.
- Dress microphone???s and IFB???s for all on camera appearances
- Operate remote vehicles to support live news gathering operating in a safe and efficient manner. Set up and operate ENG cameras.
- Other duties as assigned by the TV Operations Manager
- Basic multi-media computer skill and familiarity with current Internet technology including downloading of materials for promos and commercial client spots
- Work as needed in control room in technical positions (including camera control)
- Non-linear editing as needed for TV News-Creative Services Productions
- Must be able to lift, carry, and move up to 50 lbs., climb ladders
- Must have the ability work with minimal supervision
- Must have the ability to sit or stand for long periods of time
- Must be flexible to work various days and non-standard shifts as assigned
- Must have the ability to work effectively with other team members
- Must be capable of following instructions, verbal and written
- In-person attendance is required
- Prior experience in broadcast news production, technical school, or college technical classes preferred.
- Hearst Television is a proud supporter of military veterans. Related military training and experience will be considered.
- Must have a solid background in operation of broadcast television systems and equipment
- Related experience and/or training considered as well as a combination of education and experience.
Please visit careers.htv.hearst.com to apply. EOE