In your position.
Ervin & Smith is looking for a detail-oriented and innovative PR Strategist who understands how to bring brand stories to life through a variety of ever-changing means and channels. You’ll be an expert on developing PR strategies, brand activation, and social media and influencer marketing. Best of all, you’ll work for leaders who support you in your success and hold you accountable to the goals you set for yourself. And you’ll be surrounded with talented creative team peers, so you’ll always have plenty of partners in coming up with your next big idea.
- 5+ years of experience in public relations, media relations, communications or PR-related position
- Understanding of social media, email and mobile strategies…you’ll need to have a finger on the pulse of social media trends
- Experience with brand activation campaigns or events
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office software as well as PR tools like Cision (and/or other similar tools)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Ability to work independently, with little supervision…
- …but also a willingness to seek guidance and direction as necessary
- Willingness to quickly adapt to changing PR needs and requests
- Ability to solve complex problems
- Collaboration and strong working relationships with internal teams
- Growth mindset, critical thinking skills and effective delegation skills
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, team-oriented and creative environment
Nice to haves (but not required).
- The ability to create visual content for social activations
- Develops PR strategies, plans, and materials, as needed, including social content, influencer activations, press materials, media pitches, bylined articles, content/blogs, etc. and ensures they are aligned to client goals
- Proactively seeks out knowledge of marketing mediums, client industries and client competitors
- Guides brand activation campaigns or events
- Acts as the lead expert for media-monitoring tools and client reporting platforms
- Initiates weekly touch base with manager and account leads to review PR statuses
- Collaborates with agency teams (creative directors, marketing & media strategy, client services) to deliver thoughtful work
- Contributes to the growth and goals of the agency and team, including meeting deadlines, following agency processes, attending agency outings and exemplifying agency core values
What we offer.
At Ervin & Smith, we provide something truly unique: a place to experiment and push yourself to new heights with the support of an executive team of experts who are accessible for hands-on coaching and mentorship. Our team members value relationships, collaboration, creativity and results above all else.
You’ll receive competitive pay and all the essentials, including health/dental/vision insurance, retirement plan with matching, life/supplemental insurance, and a flexible working environment and generous agency closures and time-off policies. You’ll also get training and ongoing professional development, as well as extra dollars for you to invest in your wellness and well-being.
Ervin & Smith embraces diversity and equal opportunity, and we are committed to equity and justice in our work and our community. We are determined to build a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives and skills because we understand that’s where the best ideas come from.
To apply, please e-mail your resume and portfolio to firstname.lastname@example.org.