Public Relations · Omaha, Nebraska
BAILEY LAUERMAN JOB SUMMARY
The Public Relations Director is responsible for ensuring earned and owned media is an integral part of how we successfully connect our clients’ brands with their most important audiences.
In this role, you’ll have an immediate impact: you’re the key PR strategist and leader on your accounts. You develop thinking that helps connect core audiences with brands, through public
relations strategy, counsel, writing, brand story and other earned media strategies. You’ll also be responsible for the implementation, monitoring, and reporting of those strategies.
- Work collaboratively with the strategy/planning, client engagement, and creative teams to define and actively steward public relations strategy for our clients
- Lead public relations strategy and content activities across select key agency accounts; working directly with clients as well as with internal agency teams (brand
strategy/management; creative; social, digital; paid media; etc.)
- Maintain regular contact with clients; proactively offer and implement new ways to meet client needs
- Develop and implement innovative earned media programs (PR, thought leadership, journalist outreach, etc.) within budgets and time limitations
- Strategic thinking. Developing effective messaging that support overall client business goals
- Succinctly communicating and simplifying ideas into actionable deliverables
- Writing effective materials including news releases, thought leadership articles, long-form content, op-eds, etc.
- Ability to identify appropriate contacts and develop positive media relationships with national, state, and local consumer and trade media
- Identifying up-and-coming earned media trends and approaches, keeping both internal agency teams and clients at the forefront of this arena
- Understanding of the role of PR in overall marketing strategy (how it can support advertising, its role in overall digital strategy/SEO, etc.)
- Exceptional interpersonal communications with clients and internal agency teams
- Ability to collaborate across disciplines – paid media, social media, digital, creative, strategy, etc.
- Supports new business efforts with PR strategy as needed
- Working as part of a PR team
- 8+ years of experience in public relations and earned media
- Published work that shows strong writing skills
- Demonstrated success in the development of public relations and earned media strategy – either within a client organization or agency setting
- Capacity to apply knowledge in public relations to a holistic view of a client’s business
- A positive attitude and entrepreneurial spirit
- Experience in the financial industry or mortgage sector is a plus
- Prior agency experience preferred
ABOUT BAILEY LAUERMAN
Bailey Lauerman is headquartered in Omaha with an office in LA. As a small, independent agency, our focus is on growing business. Insight and understanding of overlooked segments of America has allowed us to reshape marketing plans, open doors to larger opportunities, and liberate brands. We’ve created client partnerships that lead to nationally recognized work on brands like Bosch,
Panda Express, Phillips 66, UnitedHealthcare and Disney. We’ve been recognized as Advertising Age’s National Small Agency of the Year and as the No. 4 Most Effective Independent Agency in
North America by the Effie Effectiveness Index.
Those who work at BL have built a culture of support, respect and hardcore professionalism. They are passionate. They dig deep. They strive for the most innovative ways to approach a problem with the biggest ideas, regardless of scope.
A majority of our stock is owned by our Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP). Employee ownership has, and continues to be, a driving force in our culture, as each employee has a
vested interest and role in our collective success.
• 401k matching, plus ESOP contributions
• Affordable healthcare
• Paid maternity leave
• Unlimited vacation
• Flexible schedules
• Company-provided laptop
• Cell phone stipend
Location: Omaha, Nebraska or Remote
Department: Public Relations
Employment Type: Full time
Minimum Experience: Experienced