The senior account executive role includes development and implementation of marketing strategies to achieve client business goals, being the client’s main point of contact and team lead in managing projects within the agency as it relates to creative development, interactive/website, media (traditional, digital and social) and public relations. This position requires a strategic thinker who works to achieve the immediate client goals, looks at the big picture and recommends opportunities for client organic growth. Overall, the successful senior account executive ensures a positive partnership between the client and the agency while keeping projects on time and within budget.
- Build marketing strategies to achieve client business goals, advise effectively and have strong relational/communications skills.
- Take the lead on project kick-off meetings and work with department leads in creative, media, public relations and interactive to identify specific project timing and resource needs. Including project/creative briefs and initial project set-up with the project manager.
- Work collaboratively with team members during projects, monitoring status and serving as a liaison for any client questions or needs.
- Provide regular progress updates on timing, scope and budget to client and agency teams as needed.
- Develop project completion summaries and lead postmortem meetings.
- Quality control through execution of projects.
- Be available as a resource for other, junior members of the Account Service team.
- Be on the lookout for ways to be cross-collaborative with the Project Management team to keep project budgets and timelines on track, monitor and work with the project manager on detailed project estimates and scopes that address financial, timing and development/delivery requirements.
- Manage and monitor approved scopes of work, addressing potential risks or changes along the way.
- Handle all client requests and approvals, as well as invoicing.
- Manage internal milestones to ensure client expectations are met or exceeded.
- Set client success metrics during project requirements and monitor as applicable. These could include specific web analytics, media purchase actuals, increases in share of voice and/or monitoring of industry trends, etc.
- Work closely with CMO and supervisor to provide client recommendations of campaign optimizations, extensions and/or additional work.
- Provide assistance on new business opportunities and research.
- Bachelor Degree in Marketing, Advertising, Public Relations or equivalent
- Passion for marketing and advertising
- 4+ years of Account Executive experience in an agency OR 6+ years of other marketing or relationship management experience
- Knowledge of project management principals and workflow
- Experience managing multiple projects and teams simultaneously
- Basic web/digital experience or a willingness to educate yourself in those fields
Bozell is a full-service, results-oriented advertising agency helping our clients achieve business objectives by reaching the right people at the right place and time. We maintain a high-energy environment for people who are very passionate about what they do. We provide plenty of challenges and hard work, but in a casual and fun workplace that cares about work/life balance and giving back to make a difference in our world. We want people to have positive attitudes about their work and participate in something where their input is respected and appreciated. If this sounds like the position for you, email your resume and a link to your online portfolio to Janice Miller at email@example.com, along with a brief message about yourself, your experience, your career objectives and what you hope to get out of a career with Bozell.