At Creighton, you are part of something big. Your skills and passions unite with thousands of faculty, staff and students inspired to change the world. Here, we offer meaningful work driven by a 475-year-old Jesuit tradition committed to social justice and serving others. Through this tradition, we push the boundaries on innovation. We pursue new knowledge for the betterment of society. We seek to improve our world through Catholic and Jesuit values. And it all starts with you.
We are hiring a Senior Graphic Designer to join our University Communications & Marketing team. The Senior Graphic Designer position is responsible for designing projects and campaigns that have meaningful and measurable impacts, achieving marketing/strategic goals, and raising the Creighton brand profile. This position requires extensive design experience with the ability to problem solve across print, digital and environmental design.
The ideal candidate is:
- A proven designer: Provide insightful, highly skilled design expertise, including expanding upon an evolving brand personality.
- Audience-centric, data-driven: Ensure that all designs align with the brand image and target audience, while also meeting usability and website standards.
- Problem-solver: Ability to apply critical thinking to projects and campaigns, apply knowledge and insights, and connect dots across the university.
- Solution-oriented: Effectively manage a multi-project workload in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment.
- A self-starter: Life-long learner that is self-motivated, positive, and proactive in their approach. Willing to lead various creative roles, such as photo and video shoots, brainstorm sessions, etc.
- A strong communicator: Ability to articulate creative concepts and rationale to other team members and campus partners. Provide and receive feedback successfully. Work well with print production vendors.
- Relationship-builder: Establish and foster strong working relationships with campus partners to ensure collaboration, efficiency, and cohesive messaging across the university.
- Manage multiple projects simultaneously with a particular focus on brand awareness, student enrollment and fundraising.
- Translate a strategy into a creative vision across both digital and print, while targeting specific audiences. This includes an ability to listen, learn and interpret goals, and volunteer solutions that will be effective and influential.
- Creates impactful work that moves the university forward—collaborating closely with content strategists and content developers–and both offering design solutions and taking direction.
- Demonstrate a strong understanding of the inner workings of websites, mobile-first design, and be able to work within a predetermined design system and set of components.
- Concept, design, and produce on-brand marketing projects and campaigns, digital, print, and environmental design
- Collaborate with team members and campus partners to meet project objectives/goals
- Oversee the Creighton Template Hub, a campus templating resource
- Stay current in design, digital, and social trends
- Bachelor’s degree in graphic design, advertising, communications, or a related field.
- 8+ years’ experience of design experience for digital media and print, preferably from a traditional advertising agency setting. Motion graphics/animation a plus.
- Solid understanding of digital marketing and advertising principles, with experience in developing and enforcing brand and design guidelines in complex organizations.
- Highly proficient computer skills, especially with Adobe Creative Suite, Microsoft Office Suite. After Effects a plus. Strong technical skills.
- Strong understanding of campaign/brand development and content strategy.
- Self-motivated, organized, and accountable.
- Ability to multitask and work efficiently under pressure with careful attention to detail.
- Well-developed communication skills including the ability to articulate creative concepts and rationale to other team members and campus partners.
*Please include a link or PDF of your design portfolio with your application materials*
Change the World From Here
Creighton University is committed to providing a safe and non-discriminatory educational and employment environment. The University admits qualified students, hires qualified employees and accepts patients for treatment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, marital status, national origin, age, disability, citizenship, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or other status protected by law. Its education and employment policies, scholarship and loan programs, and other programs and activities, are administered without unlawful discrimination.
This description describes the general nature of work to be performed and does not include an exhaustive list of all duties, skills, or abilities required. Regular, reliable attendance is an essential function and all employees are required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties as requested by their supervisor. Employees may also be required to work in excess of normal working hours as workloads and seasonal activities necessitate. A complete description is available in the Human Resource office located at 3006 Webster Street Omaha, NE. Creighton University reserves the right to modify duties, responsibilities and activities at any time with or without notice.
Posting can be found here: Senior Graphic Designer – Creighton University Careers (selectminds.com)