KNOP-TV is exited to offer the right candidate the opportunity to grow and learn in a small market, passionate about local sports coverage. You will anchor weekend sportscasts and cover a combination of sports and news your other days. You will see the storytelling process through, from start to finish.
- Connect with, and create a relationship with local sports team and their coaches to offer consistent and comprehensive coverage
- Schedule shoots and interviews, shoot video, write scripts, edit, and go live as needed
- Produce and anchor sportscasts on weekends, and as needed during the week
- Working with the sports department to ensure fair coverage, with an understanding that Husker sports and local sports are both very important to our viewers.
- Be a passionate multi-platform storyteller, with regular posts to social media and the station’s website and news apps – first responsibility is sports, but also covering occasional news stories and breaking news.
- Meet tight daily deadlines
- A consistent track record of meeting deadlines
- Ability to shoot and edit video, and effectively communicate live on-air
- Flexibility in scheduling, to respond to the changing news landscape
- A four-year degree in journalism or related field, or equivalent professional experience
- Familiarity with ENPS, Avid, TVU, ARC Publishing, Sony ENG, Social Media a plus
KNOP-TV has some of the highest news ratings of any station in the country, and a proud tradition of journalism that goes back more than 60 years. It is a powerful local voice, highlighting the strong community spirit in the region, and serving as an advocate and voice for those who need to be heard. The newscast production plays well above the market size with automation, robotic cameras, and cutting-edge graphics, in support of an award-winning staff.
North Platte, Nebraska, is placed perfectly between Denver and Omaha. A rich history with covered wagons and Buffalo Bill’s Wild West Shows, tourists make this a destination to experience a step back into those western days and to have leisurely getaways to the white sand beaches of Lake McConaughy or experience local hiking and biking trails.
PLEASE SUBMIT RESUMES ELECTRONICALLY
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE
Or by mail to:
Attn: Human Resources
840 N 40th St. Lincoln, NE 68503
Gray Television provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Gray Television complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Gray Television expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Gray’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
As a condition of employment, Gray Television will require that newly hired employees, whether part-time or full-time, be fully vaccinated against the coronavirus by the first workday to the extent permitted by applicable law unless you qualify for a medical or religious accommodation.