In your position.
The Senior Art Director is responsible for leading creative projects, taking charge of brainstorming and creating strategy-based creative concepts and designs for websites, integrated campaigns, content campaigns and more. You’ll be an expert on your accounts as you research your clients, their competitors and the industry’s latest trends, to ensure your work will meet business objectives.
Best of all, you’ll work for leaders who support you in your success and hold you accountable to the goals you set for yourself. And you’ll be surrounded with talented creative team peers, so you’ll always have plenty of partners in coming up with your next big idea.
- 8+ years of experience in both print and digital projects, including full websites
- Portfolio that demonstrates great taste and mastery of design principles including layout, typography and branding
- Proficient in Mac, Keynote and Adobe Creative Suite — including expert-level knowledge of Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign
- Ability to play a key role in projects and lead team members through established processes
- Big-picture creative mind coupled with an eye for design details
- Ability to clearly communicate, build presentation decks and effectively sell your work
- Knowledge of email and Web best practices and experience with wireframe development
- Understanding of social media, email and mobile strategies
- Growth mindset, critical thinking skills and effective delegation skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, team-oriented and creative environment
Nice to haves (but not required).
- Video production experience including concepting, storyboarding, talent and wardrobe, on-set direction and production management
- Motion design and animation
- Illustration skills
- Photoshop retouching
- Working with your copy partner to lead the concept, design and execution of creative that meets client strategy and gets noticed
- Creating exceptional designs and concepts for all media—online and offline
- Collaborating with agency teams (creative directors, marketing & media strategy, PR, client services) to deliver thoughtful work
- Mentoring and inspiring creative team members in the quest for innovative creative
- Note: this role requires both art direction AND design
What we have to offer.
At Ervin & Smith, one thing is always true: We never settle. We push to find better solutions today than we did yesterday. We’re all about creating things that matter for our clients, our people and our business. Want proof? We’ve been named to Inc.’s list of 5000 Fastest-Growing Privately Owned Businesses and voted one of Ad Age’s Best Places to Work by our employees.
You’ll receive competitive pay and all the essentials, including health/dental/vision insurance, retirement plan with matching, life/supplemental insurance, and a flexible working environment and time-off policies. You’ll also get training and ongoing development, as well as extra dollars for you to invest in your wellness and well-being.
Ervin & Smith embraces diversity and equal opportunity, and we are committed to equity and justice in our work and our community. We are determined to build a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives and skills because we understand that’s where the best ideas come from.
To apply, please e-mail a link to your portfolio* and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
*Portfolio must be included to be considered for this position.
See posting at: Now hiring a Sr. Art Director (ervinandsmith.com)