*Position can work remote*
General Position Summary
As a part of the Advertising team, and under the direction and supervision of the Manager, Advertising, the Digital Strategist II leads the development of strategy to best use internet, social and digital channels to achieve business objectives. This person works closely with other marketing teams to ensure digital content is fully optimized for each specific channel; oversees digital channel development and optimization, including management of strategies and tactics that could include websites, social media, search and social advertising, SEO, email, and more; and provides analytics and recommendations on digital initiatives to drive optimization decisions.
WoodmenLife is looking for a Content Strategist to join our team!
We are currently searching for a Sr. Digital Media Strategist who develops a deep understanding of WoodmenLife’s strategic approach to digital marketing and provides input on ways to increase brand awareness, lead generation and recruiting. WoodmenLife is one of the best places to work in Omaha and has been in business for 130 years. As a member of the WoodmenLife family, you’re joining others who share your commitment to family, community and country. Through WoodmenLife, you’ll have opportunities to connect with others, give back locally, and honor those who make an impact. As a not-for-profit life insurance company, we’ve been helping to protect the financial future of families, making a difference in hometowns across America since 1890. We are passionate about our members, servicing others, being open minded, providing an environment of inclusion and collaborative spirit. We also provide world class benefits to our associates. Is this the type of company you could work for?
We are looking for someone to:
- Oversee the development, optimization, and implementation of digital advertising strategies, including content curation, design, video, analytics, and reporting.
- Regularly researches current and upcoming digital platforms, tactics, trends and recommendations, and keeps other team members informed.
- Provide digital expertise, including channel-specific design and strategy recommendations, to the marketing team.
- Measure SEO KPIs and provides ongoing strategic direction to the Web Services team to improve public-facing website and landing pages.
- Support Manager with special projects, research, analytics and reporting, and other areas as needed.
- Collaborate with external consultants and vendors as needed for digital channels.
- Work with the Marketing team to formulate test plans to validate campaign optimizations, new creative and new campaigns with the goal of continuous improvement.
- Ensure digital assets align with WoodmenLife brand and compliance standards.
- Perform other duties as assigned by management.
We need someone who has:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Advertising, Public Relations, or equivalent experience.
- 5+ years’ experience in digital marketing,
- Experience with digital media strategy, including planning, research, analysis, and execution.
- Deep understanding of online advertising and marketing principles, including SEO/SEM, display, email, social, and mobile tactics.
- Certification in Google Analytics and Google SEO/SEM marketing.
- Experience administering business pages and advertising on Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, Google, YouTube, and LinkedIn.
- Familiarity with data collection and reporting tools such as Google Analytics, Search Console, Tag Manager, and Datastudio.
- Ability to deliver consistent, accurate work under tight deadlines.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Excellent written and oral communications and organizational skills.
- Ability to pay close attention to detail.
- Strong marketing communication project management skills, including a demonstrated ability to plan, prioritize, create, and execute on deliverables from concept through to completion.
- Basic understanding of HTML and CSS, and relationship to SEO and SEM.
- Knowledge of insurance and financial services industry.
WoodmenLife offers a competitive compensation package and a comprehensive benefits package. As part of WoodmenLife’s employment process, candidates will be required to complete a criminal background check, credit check (where required for position), Fingerprint check (where required for position), drug screen and reference checks. Any offer of employment will be contingent upon successfully passing the above.
WoodmenLife is committed to excellence in diversity by creating an inclusive work environment that values and respects all individuals. We welcome and embrace associates, regardless of background and beliefs. WoodmenLife respects every associate’s unique perspective and contribution. We are committed to creating an inclusive environment that values differences, and creates opportunities for growth, leadership and service. This commitment includes providing equal opportunity in recruitment, employment and promotion, training and community outreach. WoodmenLife is also dedicated to strengthening the communities in which its employees live. #LI-LB1
APPLICANTS WITH DISABILITIES SHOULD ADVISE THE HUMAN RESOURCES DEPARTMENT AT THE TIME OF APPLICATION IF SPECIAL ACCOMMODATIONS ARE NEEDED.
Woodmen of the World Life Insurance Society (WoodmenLife) is an equal opportunity employer.