WoodmenLife is looking to add a User Experience (UX) Designer to our team!
We are currently searching for a User Experience (UX) Designer with at least five years of hands on UX Designer experience, to join our team! WoodmenLife is one of the best places to work in Omaha and has been for many years. We are a stable company with more than 130 years doing business in Omaha. As a member of the WoodmenLife family, you’re joining others who share your commitment to family, community and country. Through WoodmenLife, you’ll have opportunities to connect with others, give back locally and honor those who make an impact. As a not-for-profit life insurance company, we’ve been helping to protect the financial future of families, making a difference in hometowns across America and honoring our country since 1890. We are passionate about our members, servicing others, being open minded, providing an environment of inclusion, and collaborative spirit. We also provide world-class benefits to our associates. Is this the type of company you could work for?
General Position Summary
The User Experience (UX) Designer will focus on transforming business objectives into exceptional online user experiences by using all appropriate methods within the user-centered design cycle. The designer will have the opportunity to take an iterative approach with each project to maximize efficiency and allow for continuous improvement. The ideal candidate will ensure that solutions not only address the needs of the user but remain true to the WoodmenLife brand.
What we are looking for:
This job requires a background that demonstrates the following minimum knowledge, skills, talents and traits:
- 5 years of experience as a UX Designer
- Bachelor’s degree in the study of design (e.g. UX Design, Web Design, Graphic Design) or related experience
- Proficient in design and imaging applications (e.g. Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator)
- Understanding of mobile-first design
- Experience working in an Agile environment
- Experience presenting work to an audience and the ability to receive constructive criticism from stakeholders and design direction from leadership when needed
- Engages well with others and is passionate about providing an exemplary customer experience
- Experience in using UX software such as Sketch, Adobe XD, InVision, or Framer
- Knowledge of Human-Computer Interaction (HCI) best practices and/or user-centered design (UCD)
- Experience with rapid prototyping and conducting usability tests
- Experience with A/B testing and multi-variate testing
- Experience with accessibility and ADA compliance
- Familiarity with CSS preprocessors (e.g. SASS)
- Familiarity with version control, experience with Git
- Knowledge of Jira and Confluence
- Understanding of online Marketing terms, tools and processes (e.g. goal funnels, bounce rates, Google Analytics, search engine optimization)
Why would you enjoy working as a User Experience (UX) Designer on our team?
Your experience, thoughts, input, and ideals will help us grow our design team. Have you ever wanted to be at the start of something big? Something unique? We’re a large insurance organization that is looking for its own design system and all of its glorious reuse. From marketing sites to mobile applications, we want you to help us design reusable components that can be shared throughout all our digital experiences. We’re all about the user experience. We formulate our solutions based on UX research and data, not someone’s opinion. If the data supports the need to change up an experience, we’ll do just that. Can finding an insurance solution for you and those you love actually be delightful? We’ll keep changing up our digital experiences until we’ve reached that goal. As a not-for-profit life insurance company, we put money back into the community. We want you to be fulfilled in your career, so beyond the exciting work that you’ll be doing, there’s even more opportunity to feel complete. WoodmenLife gives you the opportunity to be your best self. From fighting hunger to raising money for local schools, we know there’s more to life by helping others.
If WoodmenLife is the type of company you are looking for, and this position is one that you could see yourself doing long-term, please apply online to see if it’s the right fit for you.
WoodmenLife offers a competitive compensation package and a comprehensive benefits package. As part of WoodmenLife’s employment process, candidates will be required to complete a criminal background check, credit check (where required for position), fingerprint check (where required for position), drug screen, and reference checks. Any offer of employment will be contingent upon successfully passing the above.
WoodmenLife is committed to excellence in diversity by creating an inclusive work environment that values and respects all individuals. We welcome and embrace associates, regardless of background and beliefs. WoodmenLife respects every associate’s unique perspective and contribution. We are committed to creating an inclusive environment that values differences and creates opportunities for growth, leadership and service. This commitment includes providing equal opportunity in recruitment, employment and promotion, training, and community outreach. WoodmenLife is also dedicated to strengthening the communities in which its employees live.
APPLICANTS WITH DISABILITIES SHOULD ADVISE THE HUMAN RESOURCES DEPARTMENT AT THE TIME OF APPLICATION IF SPECIAL ACCOMMODATIONS ARE NEEDED.