- Swanson Russell, Lincoln or Omaha, NE, United States
- Employees can work remotely
From the middle of America, Swanson Russell, a full-service marketing communications and advertising agency, produces ideas that grab attention from coast to coast. Our crew of big thinkers, go-getters and team players help brands create a Real Connection™ with their audiences. Swanson Russell is dedicated to building an inclusive work culture that expands and embraces diversity, and that elevates our work and our connection to the world. If that sounds like you, apply today.
Swanson Russell is looking for a new Developer to join our 30+ digital team.
This position will work in close collaboration with designers, developers and others to create a wide range of web-based projects ranging from enterprise-class websites using a CMS like Drupal, to experimental landing pages, interactive marketing tools, and on-location digital installations.
You would be collaborating closely alongside other developers and designers every day to create the best possible user experience without sacrificing code quality, as well as maintaining and improving existing projects. As part of the digital team, you’d also be contributing to internal tools that we build and maintain for the wider agency, or experimenting and researching for new projects and technologies.
Required experience and/or abilities:
- Minimum of one year in a full-time programming and/or web development role.
- Desire to produce great code in a fast-paced, collaborative, service-oriented environment.
- Strong communication, organization and personal management skills.
- Prior experience (intermediate or better) with at least one programming language. PHP is our preferred server-side language, so direct either experience with PHP or willingness to learn on the job is required!
- Ability to self-educate, follow industry trends and quickly adapt to new technologies, and contribute to ongoing experimentation, research and prototyping efforts.
Preferred experience and/or abilities:
- Experience developing with popular open-source CMS platforms (e.g. Drupal, WordPress) or equivalent MVC-based framework is strongly encouraged.
- Familiarity with database structures and concepts, preferably with a working knowledge of common SQL syntax.
- Prior experience working in a project-based industry such as marketing/advertising agencies, on a dedicated internal marketing team, or equivalent development-focused firms.
- Formal education, training and/or practical experience with programming theory and data structuring concepts.
- Experience working within a typical technology stack such as LAMP (Linux, Apache, MySQL and PHP) or equivalent cloud-based development environment.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Full job posting can be found here: