1011NOW is looking for a proven newsroom leader and ratings driver to anchor our market-leading weekday evening newscasts. We’re looking for someone with a proven ability to engage an audience and convey news in an effective and relatable way.
As a primary evening anchor, you’ll also be a primary content driver, helping lead a team of quality journalists to define the content and quality of the area’s most-watched newscasts.
• Anchor our market-leading Monday-Friday evening newscasts
• Exercise a strong news judgment, research complicated stories, and determine the content and quality of newscasts
• Act as a supervising producer during the late newscasts
• Read/copy edit news scripts before each show
• Be a digital-first journalist, posting compelling content to social media and station digital platforms
• Be involved in the community, emceeing events and making public appearances as requested by the station
• Be ready to report/field anchor when major breaking news happens
• Report and produce regular franchise stories
• 3 years of professional newsroom and on-air experience preferred
• Anchoring, producing, and reporting experience
• An engaging and comfortable on-air personality
• Ability to enterprise and produce compelling content from start to finish
• Ability to use exceptional news judgment to prioritize tasks and assignments
• Ability to communicate effectively with newsroom managers, producers and co-workers
• Must be an excellent writer
• Knowledge of journalism ethics and legal issues
• Ability to meet daily news deadlines
• Strong organizational skills and possess the ability to multi-task and work under pressure
• Ability to shoot and edit news stories
KOLN is the CBS affiliate in the Lincoln, Hastings, Kearney market. Located in the thriving capital city of Lincoln, the station is the area`s dominant news leader, with number one newscasts in every daypart. The 1011NOW news brand is well-known throughout the region as a trusted source for quality news, weather, and sports coverage.
About Gray Television:
Gray Television provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Gray Television complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Gray Television expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Gray’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
As a condition of employment, Gray Television will require that newly hired employees, whether part-time or full-time, be fully vaccinated against the coronavirus by the first workday to the extent permitted by applicable law unless you qualify for a medical or religious accommodation.
PLEASE SUBMIT RESUMES TO
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE
Only if you don’t have electronic access, please mail your resume to or complete an application at:
Attn: Human Resources
840 North 40th Street
Lincoln, NE 68503