KOLN/KGIN-TV, the strong #1 station in the Lincoln/Hastings/Grand Island market, is looking for a Weekend Sports Anchor join the team. The position will include regular anchoring, and the generation of compelling sports content daily.
From the University of Nebraska Cornhuskers to our many local high schools, we strive to provide the area’s best coverage of the impact sports have on our local community.
- If you’re interested in this job, we know you probably have a passion for sports. But we want someone who has passion for the local communities who rally around their teams, and for stories that go beyond just ‘highlights’.
- Your schedule must be flexible for this position, as your reporting schedule will vary depending on the season. Anchoring weekend newscasts and filling in weekdays as needed will also be a part of the position. You must also be willing to occasionally help with news content, as needed, as covering big local and breaking news is a full-staff endeavor.
- You must be an effective storyteller, with an eye for local sports stories that others may miss. You must be a strong shooter and editor. You must thrive on opportunities to report live in the field.
- The right candidate will be a proven leader in the newsroom. We need someone who’s a positive influence for those around them, and thrives in a competitive, but fun environment.
- Connection with the viewers of Nebraska is key. You’ll need to b involved and visible at station and community projects, and active on social media.
- Familiarity with ENPS, Sony ENG, Edius, TVU, or Arc Publishing a plus.
- Must have valid Drivers License with good driving record. Employment is contingent on successfully passing a driving record check.
- Produce and anchor sports content on weekends, or on weekdays as needed
- Enterprise, shoot, edit, and report compelling stories with a sports emphasis
- Execute all aspects of storytelling, scheduling shoots and interviews, shooting video, writing scripts, editing, and going live as needed
- Be a multi-platform storyteller, ready to create content on our digital streams, social media and the station’s website and news apps
- Meet tight daily deadlines
- Respond urgently and appropriately to breaking and developing news
KOLN is the CBS affiliate in the Lincoln, Hastings, Kearney market. Located in the thriving capital city of Lincoln, the station is the area’s dominant news leader, with number one newscasts in every day part. The 1011NOW news brand is well-known throughout the region as a trusted source for quality news, weather, and sports coverage.
ABOUT GRAY TELEVISION:
Gray Television provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Gray Television complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Gray Television expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Gray’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
As a condition of employment, Gray Television will require that newly hired employees, whether part-time or full-time, be fully vaccinated against the coronavirus by the first workday to the extent permitted by applicable law unless you qualify for a medical or religious accommodation.
HOW TO APPLY:
Please apply online at www.gray.tv/applynow or send an email with resume and reel to
PLEASE SUBMIT RESUMES TO
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE
Only if you don’t have electronic access, please mail your resume to or complete an application at:
Attn: Human Resources
840 North 40th Street
Lincoln, NE 68503