Smith Kroeger is a growing marketing communications company that’s always on the move while serving a wide range of industries. We accelerate our clients’ success and move their brands forward by thinking fast and working smart.
The person in this full-time position is expected to be the main point of contact for clients: The one who listens to them in order to develop recommendations, plans, campaigns, estimates – anything they need to help achieve their goals. Then you would collaborate with our creative, digital and media teams to execute those solutions.
We’re looking for someone with a positive attitude, strategic and critical thinking skills, an inquisitive mind, integrity, and just plain common sense.
Special consideration will be made for candidates who have proven experience driving revenue and implementing programs with trackable results.
- Ability to professionally communicate (writing, in person, via phone, emails, reports/write-ups, across teams, presentations, etc.)
- Knowledge of marketing strategy
- Capability and aptitude to execute the responsibilities described for this position
- Bachelor’s degree in advertising, marketing, PR, communications, business or related field, or commensurate marketing/business experience
- Comfortable using MS Office and Google Suite applications
- Manages assigned accounts as the main point of contact, strengthening client relationships by serving as a resource through regular communication and expertise
- As part of the account service team, works to identify revenue generation opportunities within current and potential accounts
- Puts together marketing strategy recommendations and campaign plans that could include traditional media, digital media, public relations, content strategy, video, social media, leveraging databases, email systems, direct mail, sales materials, branding and more
- Gathers and assembles background information to develop creative briefs and other project documents
- Creates agendas, campaign reports, proposals/estimates and other materials related to account service
- Confirms that all media and projects proceed according to plan and deadlines
- Reviews all agency work before submitting to the client to ensure quality control and instructions are met
- Communicates client feedback to production manager, creative team and/or media team
- Supports account service department in effectively presenting, selling and defending all agency work/proposals to clients
- Coordinates the creation of media and public relations plans with those departments
- Regularly keeps department head updated on account progress for all assigned clients, including estimated monthly billing
- Actively seeks to strategically grow assigned accounts in ways that are in-line with their goals and objectives, including presenting new marketing opportunities to them
- Will be assigned new business opportunities and would be responsible for proposing revenue-generating marketing ideas; would co-lead pitch team for formal opportunities
- Stays up to date on clients’ brands/products/services/marketing developments
- Knows and stays up to date on evolving advertising and marketing tactics, including digital display, interactive, connected TV, print, events/sponsorships, digital marketing integrations, digital video, CRM/data, social media, traditional TV, radio, digital radio, trade show, collateral, outdoor, guerrilla, etc.
Paid parental leave
Company paid long-term disability and life insurance
Fun company-wide activities and events
Compensation commensurate with experience
- Cover letter and/or introductory email
We’re a purpose-driven company whose beliefs are the foundation for how we conduct business every day. We hold ourselves to the highest ethical standards, empower an open and diverse workplace and strive to treat everyone who is touched by our business with dignity and respect.
Smith Kroeger provides an equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, Smith Kroeger will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please complete the application form below or email your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org for confidential consideration.