About Gray Television:
Gray Television is a leading media company that owns and operates high-quality stations in 113 television markets that collectively reach 36 percent of US television households.
We constantly strive for excellence. Through upgrading to the latest technology and seeking new ways to stay on top in our markets, we focus on training and development of the best and brightest employees in the business.
KSNB-TV, the NBC affiliate serving Central Nebraska, offers full-service newscasts weekdays and weekends. “Local 4” is a growing broadcast and digital brand in the market. Our hyper-local focus on Grand Island-Hastings-Kearney is unmatched and positions us as an innovative leader in Central Nebraska! KSNB, which is based in Hastings, is a rural community rooted in hometown values and civic pride. As a member of the community, you will enjoy a stable economy, meet local artists, shopkeepers and storytellers, while strolling through downtown shops and visiting quaint restaurants and bars. Take advantage of beautiful parks and explore historic housing districts. Become a part of a community that cares. For big city amenities, it’s a convenient 90-mile drive to Lincoln or just 2 hours to Omaha.
KSNB-TV, Local4, Hastings, Nebraska, is looking for smart, capable storytellers who will embrace our Central Nebraska community and tell stories about the people who make it special! Local4 thrives because we have people with a passion for learning about our community and our audience and who authentically demonstrate that passion on the air, on-line and especially in person. Our audience embraces our talent because we show them we care. If you’re in the first or second stage of your career, this is an opportunity to learn community journalism. Sharpen your writing, visuals, editing and social media skills and be given opportunities that you won’t get in a larger market.
Duties/Responsibilities include (but not limited to):
– Reporter/MMJ generating content for broadcast and digital platforms
– Cover local news, including content for digital platforms
– Produce, write/edit, report stories live in the field and in studio
– Represent the station at public functions as needed
– Operate newsroom computer system, digital editing platform, field camera and editing equipment, Post content on Local4 website, station social media accounts, and individual employee social media accounts
• On-air experience at a professional news station
• A college degree or equivalent job experience in a journalism related field
• The ability to communicate live in a professional manner, for all our media channels
• The ability to type and operate newsroom computers and other news gathering equipment in an above average capacity
• Excellent people skills when dealing with coworkers and the public – We all like each other here and want to keep it that way!
• A valid driver’s license and a satisfactory driving record are requirements
• Position would require permanent residence in Hastings or Grand Island, Nebraska
Qualified, interested applicants may go to https://gray.tv/careers#currentopenings, you may type in the job title, station call letters, or click on “apply now”, upload your resume, cover letter, and references
(Current employees that are interested in this position can apply through the Gray-TV UltiPro self-service portal)
KSNB-TV/(Gray Television, is a drug-free workplace.
Gray Television provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Gray Television complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Gray Television expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Gray’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
Gray Television encourages all new employees to be fully vaccinated against the coronavirus virus prior to or by the first workday.