For Immediate Release
For information, contact:
American Advertising Federation Omaha Awards
Scholarships for 2018-2019 School Year
(Omaha, Neb. – May 9, 2018) – American Advertising Federation Omaha (AAF Omaha), announced winners of the 2018 AAF Omaha Scholarships. In 1987, AAF Omaha established two scholarship funds to honor students attending Creighton University, University of Nebraska Omaha, University of Nebraska-Lincoln and University of Nebraska at Kearney.
“These scholarships are just one way our organization fosters the growth of our advertising industry,” said Lisa Conklin, AAF Omaha’s president. “We want to build our industry’s future leaders by helping students pursue their dreams and careers in advertising, marketing, graphic design and communications.” AAF Omaha is able to award a total of $8,400 in scholarship funds to outstanding area student members this year.
Eligible students must have completed the first semester of their junior year as an advertising, graphic design, marketing or communications related major and show great interest in the field of advertising. Selection criteria includes academic performance of a 3.0 grade point average or above and participation in extracurricular activities, including AAF student advertising club involvement such as the Meet the Pros educational conference hosted annually by AAF Omaha.
AAF Omaha is pleased to award three $1,133 scholarships to the following students:
- Grace Hunt, Creighton University
- Noah Larsen, Creighton University
- Michael Lyons, Creighton University
$1,000 scholarships will be awarded to the following two students:
- Jase Hueser, University of Nebraska – Kearney
- Abbie Perry, University of Nebraska at Omaha
$500 scholarships will be awarded to the following six students:
- Kathy Nguyen, University of Nebraska at Omaha
- Stephanie Graham, University of Nebraska – Lincoln
- Amelia Cooper, University of Nebraska – Kearney
- Haily House, University of Nebraska – Kearney
- Maggie Pierson, University of Nebraska – Kearney
- Sarah Styron, University of Nebraska – Kearney
For more information on the AAF Omaha scholarship programs, visit www.aafomaha.org or contact our office at 402.561.6625.
With more than 350 professional and student members, the American Advertising Federation Omaha is the unifying voice for advertising in the Omaha/Council Bluffs metropolitan area.