Specialty Publications Sales Manager at Omaha World-Herald, which is probably a more professional way of saying the Manager of etc. This involves overseeing the stable of special sections, new product initiatives, contests, niche magazines, suburban newspapers, see? Etc…
I’m a boomerang to the OWH, having started my newspaper advertising career here back in the day. I had a short stint at The Kansas City Star for 16 years and then on to the other side of the state…The St Louis Post-Dispatch for about four years before completing the triangle.
Matriculated at Creighton Prep, Creighton U (BSBA-Marketing) and Rockhurst U (MBA). If things don’t pan out here, then I think I’m about 1 ½ years shy of becoming a Jesuit.
5 things you didn’t know about Dan Matuella:
• Favorite AAF Omaha event to attend? Omaha Advertising Expo
• What apps are on your home screen? TBL internet radio, Omaha.com, ShopList, Hello Vino, Shazam
• It’s 6:30, your fridge is empty and you’re starving. What’s your go-to place for food? Dairy Queen – need the Dilly Bar (Warren told me to say that)
• What is your take on selfies? That dogs take better ones than humans
• What’s the strangest client request you’ve ever received? “If we’re going to work together, then we’re going to drink together.” Perhaps he pined too much for the Mad Men era.