AAF Omaha Membership Team Co-Chair
AAF Omaha Membership Team Chairs: Paula Steenson and Bob Mancuso
Membership Committee Members:- Kelly Sohns, Alec Rahe, Kathy McArdle, Vicki Voet, Brigid McCormick
With the news about COVID-19 – we are in unprecedented times and things are changing daily. The AAF Omaha Board of Directors have been committed since mid-March to offer our members and the advertising community virtual educational programming, events and content. We are able to continue our mission, “…to offer an organization to educate, inspire and bring an inclusive sense of community to the advertising professionals of Omaha so that we, and future generations, can continue to do the work we love.”
On May 28 We had the Professional Development Webinar – The Viewing Vortex: What’s Swirling Out There to View and Buy in 2020. Very interesting updates from Centro. Over 50 people tuned in!
On June 2 We had a free webinar on Introducing Your Clients to Branded Podcasts presented by Yeosh Bendayan. A virtual event that was well attended and gave everyone some new insights!
Some Upcoming events:
June 26 – The American Advertising Awards. With AAF’s national conference canceled in June, the awards show will be virtual this year. Register to attend. The event is free to our members!
July 30th – AdReads Book Club & Happy Hour. Get the details and register.
August 4 – AAF Omaha webinar and annual meeting. Mark your calendar! More information to Follow.
If you are interested in being on the Membership Committee this upcoming year, or any board committee, please reach out and let us know!
I would like to remind AAF Omaha members to watch for your membership renewal notice. Renew quickly so you don’t miss one minute of AAF Omaha programming and events at special member pricing!
Please help us get the word out about the AAF Omaha organization to the marketing professionals you meet with and invite them to all future events. Tell them about the benefits AAF Omaha has to offer and that membership in the unifying voice of advertising helps everyone in the industry.
The AAF Omaha membership benefits include the following:
- Access to professional development events discussing the latest trends in our industry / profession from experts who will educate, motivate, and intrigue you.
- Access to discounts for club events, luncheons, and the American Advertising Awards. Plus you are eligible for special discounts on shipping, car rentals, insurance, supplies and more.
- Free job postings on the AAF Omaha website.
- Free resume postings on the AAF Omaha website.
- Fun networking events throughout the year including AdWars, Bowl-a-Rama, AdConnect, AAF Open Golf, and the Holiday Luncheon.
- Opportunity to share ideas, discuss marketing challenges, and brain storm ideas.
- Local AAF Omaha membership also gives you AAF National membership which plays a significant role in supporting charities, legislation, and issues that affect your business.